Apr 23, 2009

Nyonya Tophats

I received these pai tee mould or nyonya tophats from my Aunt Patricia when she moved house.


It took me 2 years to finally have the guts to try making these paitee.


Pai tee is one of our favourite hors de ourvs but making it so difficult especially for a person like me yang tahu makan jee HEHEH.


I've tried 3 times and failed. During the process batch by batch batter dah terbuang sebab tak jadi . The PaiTee become terlampau keras, it doesn't want to come off from the mold, oil too hot. etc..
But today...I tried making these again for the 4th time and yeayyy! I've succeeded. Syukur alhamdullilah. It was so tedious that I've to make it one by one and my other hand need to hold a chopstick and give it a little shake so that the batter won't stick to the mould. The process took me 3 solid hours of standing by the pot. But the results make smile kembang cam tophat tu jugak hahaha.




1 comment:

Soulie said...

haha cayalah! the pai tee were really good! sodap

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin